- Born in Männedorf (CH)
- Studied under Olivier Messiaen and Pierre Schaeffer et al.
- Moved to Paris in 1966 and worked in the "Groupe de Recherches Musicales", later at the IRCAM (1976-85).
- Won first prize in composition for "Désagrégation" at Paris Conservatory in 1968
- Returned to Switzerland and performed in a duo together with Kathrin Graf
- Positions as teacher and director of various music institutions in West Switzerland including "Institut des Hautes Etudes Musicales" (Crans/Montreux), the "Institut Jaques-Dalcroze" (Geneva) and the "Centre Suisse de Musique Informatique" (Geneva)
- Lecturer at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1988) and Stanford University (1992)
- Became Professor for Computer Musik at Paris Conservatory in 1996
- Vice president of the Swiss Association of Musicians from 1995 until 2000
- Compositions encompass electro acoustic music, computer music as well as vocal and instrumental music
Liste des oeuvres
Lieder vom Tod (1986) für Sopran und Klavier Manuscrit