* 01. 04. 1968.
- Singing lessons under the tutelage of Margreet Honig at the "Sweelinck Conservatorium Amsterdam" and Christoph Prégardien at the Zurich School of music
- Lieder interpretation with Rudolf Jansen (Amsterdam), Irwin Gage (Zurich) and Konrad Richter (Stuttgart)
- Studies in Baroque singing with René Jacobs at the schola cantorum basiliensis
- Attended master courses headed by Robert Holl, Hans Hotter and others
- Prize Winner at the Paula Lindberg Salomon Singing competition 1995 in Berlin
- Co-founder of the Zurich Vocal Ensemble (Königsfelder Festspiele; Festival Tibor Varga; Schubertiaden Genève and London Blackheath)
- Regular guest at the Neuen Innsbrucker Hofkapelle (concert series and CD recordings in Austria and FRG with music from the 16th and 17th centuries)
- An array of soloistic activities since 1993 in opera (including Corpo in Cavallieris "Anima e Corpo", Guglielmo in "Così fan tutte", Henry in Kurt Weill's "Street Scene" (director: Werner Düggelin, choreography: Heinz Spoerli)) world premieres such as Beat Furrer's "Invocation" (Opera House Zurich/ Schiffbau; director: Christoph Marthaler), concerts and oratorio
- Collaboration with the directors Andreas Spörri, Marc Kissozcy, Jörg Ewald Dähler, Räto Tschupp, Michael Radulescu, Alois Koch and others
In addition to his affinity for occidental church music, Samuel Zünd additionally dedicates himself, with particular devotion, to the art of lieder singing.
- Lieder Evenings in Europe and the USA, with long-term duo partner Theresia Schmid (together with Gert u. Gisela Westphal (recitation); Othmar Schoeck Festival 2001, Tonhalle Zurich et al.) and Jeroen Sarphati (lieder CD "Wandern")
- Radio and TV recordings at home and abroad (DRS2, Espace2, SWF, ORF1, NOS3, Arte, SF DRSI)
- CD recordings with Christoph Prégardien amongst others
Since 1990, and with success, Samuel Zünd has implemented his close-harmony singing group "The Sam Singers" in the re-discovery of nostalgic evergreens, old Swiss pop and swing hits.
: Aschenbrödel, op. 60
for soprano, mezzo-soprano, altus, tenor, baritone, five performers, recorder, three flutes, horn, guitar, violin and double-bass
Beat Furrer: Invocation
Andreas Nick: 6 Lieder nach C.F. Meyer
Ensembles Last updated: 2020-10-06 16:48:10